This weekend intensive led by Kathryn Bruni-Young will explore the importance of developing strength in a more mindful and attuned way. Students will explore pulling strength, basics of resistance training with weights, how to safely work strength training into your routine, programming and the science of proper adaptation and recovery. This workshop is open to all levels. If you have been intimidated by strength training in the past this is the perfect workshop for you!
Topics to be Covered (not limited to)
- upper body, and lower body strengthening movements and exercises
- the mystery of core strength
- breathing mechanics
- creating your own strength training routine
- strength training as a healing practice
- adaptation, bone mass, tissue health and why we need strength
- how to use weights as well as your own bodyweight
- how to use strength to balance the yoga practice
- playful and creative movement
- the different ways we can embody strength
This workshop will include a talk, a brief Q&A section, and a break down of numerous strength and mobility exercises. The weekend will also feature a Mindful Strength flow class to give participants as many unique experiences as possible.
January 20-21, 10am-4:30pm with an hour break for lunch each day.