The Integrated Science of Breath and Trauma
Over the course of this two-day integrated workshop, you will:
- – Expand your understanding of stress, trauma and the impacts on the brain, nervous system and the body
- – Discover how evolution plays a role in our fundamental need to feel safe, and how to adapt the window of tolerance to stress model and polyvagal theory into movement and mindfulness practices for nervous system regulation
- – Learn the anatomy and basic physiology of breathing and the principles behind Buteyko breathing and how to evaluate yogic breathing.
- – Discover how breath and the nervous system inform and influence each other. Learn the theory, and feel it in your own body through experiential movement.
- – Explore resources and considerations for teaching in a way that is more trauma-informed and will not disrupt the student’s or your own breathing.
Date: Saturday, May 25 + Sunday, May 26, 2019
Time: 9:00am – 4:00pm, with an hour break daily
Location: Branksome Hall, Athletics and Wellness Centre, 6 Elm Avenue, Toronto, ON, M4W 1N4