MENTOR MICROLEARNING MODULES
Download some of our most popular monthly mentor membership (M3) sessions to keep forever.
SUMMER SCHOOL 2020
An IMMERSIVE experience designed for those who are curious to know more about what the Detour is all about.
- Download access to all five videos (each one is 90min+)
- A PDF guide that includes the “prep” resources we recommend watching/reading prior to digesting the videos, as well as a list of every book or podcast mentioned during the calls that you can refer to afterward
- Access to THREE bonus practice classes from the Detour Virtual Studio which complement the content covered in Summer School
After these five videos, you’ll understand more about:
• Your spine and how to move it, stabilize it and control what you want it to do
• Your pelvis and the role it plays in keeping your lower back not only happy, but strong
• Hamstring resiliency and why forward folds aren’t the devil
• Push-ups and how to build the kind of strength needed to make them (and chaturanga) feel GOOD and supportive
• Backbending and how to avoid pain and discomfort in these movements
• Joint mobility to ensure your wrists aren’t sore after practice, your hips stop feeling like they need to be “opened” and your downward dog pose actually feels like a balanced “resting” posture
Information, tips and ideas to take your teaching up a notch.
Get the Inside Scoop
Five webinars — one from each member of the Yoga Detour team
- Each webinar will include a 45-minute presentation including each team member’s “5 Pieces of Advice,” as well as detailed answers to our most frequently asked questions.
- Audio files you can download to your phone or computer for easy-listening while driving, at-home, or on the go.
- A supplementary PDF document that includes the key-takeaways and checklists from each presentation.
We’ll explore innovation, systematization, money, marketing and educational strategy.
”Not only has the information been helpful for us as a relatively new business in the movement/exercise industry, but on a personal level, I truly appreciate your candidness regarding the trials and tribulations of sharing yourself and your voice so openly.”
”I am sooooo loving it. Because I’m having a break from teaching during Covid, I thought this would be interesting (always!) but perhaps not useful or relevant right now. COULDN’T BE MORE WRONG!”
A 90-minute webinar that will teach you more than any 200HR program.
For anyone curious to know what else is out there.
You practice and teach any form of yoga that’s based on certain postures or sequences.
Ashtanga. Vinyasa flow. Bikram. Modo. You name it.
There’s something about this practice that speaks to you. You might have a hard time describing what exactly that something is—it just works for you. It’s part of your life.
Perhaps you were initially introduced to this practice by a teacher who told you it was all you’d need – physically, emotionally and spiritually. Maybe you’ve even told your students the same thing.
Because for many years, that’s what you’ve believed.
But you’ve also experienced injury. Chances are there are spots in your body right now that don’t feel as good as they should. Sometimes that makes you feel like a fraud. You’ve also noticed the same thing happening to your students. A hamstring strain here, some wrist pain there. But until now, you thought that was just par for the course.
But at the same time, you don’t want to give up the practice you love.
And you don’t have to.
In this 90 minute webinar, you’ll learn to see the body and movement through a new lens. You’ll receive information that will transform your practice and elevate your teaching repertoire.
This webinar is designed to fill the gaps left by teacher training programs that focus primarily on the postures themselves – instead of first exploring the body as a whole.
“A month ago I began online training with @yogadetour. And my mind was blown.
Cecily opened the door to a more inclusive practice where I can enjoy moving all day long. She is helping me access my sleepy muscles to support my physique once more. She is helping me to become strong again. And I can dance without pain.
Her approach has enabled me to transfer my yoga practice into my life so that I don’t have to be closed away in a little box anymore. Cecily is leading the yogic revolution. You need to make sure you are part of it.”
— Rachel Hanberry (@rachelhanberryyoga)