The Yoga Detour Summer Intensive takes place over July & August, divided into separate 2-week modules.
Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9am-4pm
Tuesday & Thursday 12-6pm
The Mindful Movement Centre
68 Scollard St. in Toronto
Our in-class hours will total 120 hours. Classes with our Community Affiliates will total approximately 25 hours. The remaining 55 hours should be comprised of:
- 15 hours of workshops (If you have already completed a Yoga Detour Intensive, this can be used toward your 200 hours. Workshops with other instructors can also be submitted for approval).
- 10 hours with homework and reading material (see list of resources below)
- 5 hours dedicated toward teaching practicums
- 25 hours personal practice and accumulated meditation time (with a minimum of 10 hours dedicated to meditation)
Students must attend minimum 85% of the in class hours to receive their certificate. We encourage you to make these weekends a top priority in your calendar. Absences will result in a lack of continuity in your training and cannot be made up at a later date.
Please acquire the following texts and familiarize yourself with them prior to the start of the program:
THE Summer Intensive Dates ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Lunch hour on M/W/F will take place from 12-1pm. Short breaks will also be included. Please bring along light snacks to keep you fuelled through the afternoon.
- Introduction to Yoga Detour: Sun Salutations and the fundamentals of your practice
- Taking the Leap with YD Mentor Amber Joliat
- Building Your Practice: Exploring standing postures and forward bends
- Going Beyond the Practice: Breathwork with Steve Donald
- Diving Beneath the Surface: Anatomy of Movement w/ Lovedeep Dhunna
- Finding your Foundation: Intro to Meditation with Grant Hutchinson
- Creating Space for Yoga with Laura Sygrove
- Completion of standing postures and first Practicum
- Finding Your Seat: Seated postures, twists and forward bends
- Taking the Leap with YD Mentors Andre Talbot + Catalina Moran
- Turning the World Upside Down: Introduction to Inversions
- Discovering Stillness: Meditation in its many forms with Grant
- Understanding Movement as Behaviour: The body as a brilliant system with Chris Kummer
- Holistic Health with Joy McCarthy
- Backbends, closing postures and listening to the body
- Arriving at the Destination: Sequencing a Class and second Practicum
Those wishing to partake ONLY in Part I of the Summer Intensive are asked to submit their request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you with pricing information; please note that priority will be given to those applying to the full program.